After the first three rectangles, I realized I had forgotten to carry the twists up one row to make nice, tight joins. I did not go back to repair this either, yet. When the back of the sweater is finished I'll have lots of ends to weave in. I can use my crochet hook to make the repairs when I don't need to worry about keeping the work on the needles any more.
Thursday, August 03, 2006
Progress Check
I'm glad I am working on this sweater for the Engineer first, before I tackle the big intarsia project for the Artist. I'm learning a lot. For instance, I'm pulling my twists a bit too tight. I'm not going to rework the back of this sweater, however, because of the pattern I'm using. The puckers look like a design element. So I'm pleased with the way the pattern forgives my inexperience.
After the first three rectangles, I realized I had forgotten to carry the twists up one row to make nice, tight joins. I did not go back to repair this either, yet. When the back of the sweater is finished I'll have lots of ends to weave in. I can use my crochet hook to make the repairs when I don't need to worry about keeping the work on the needles any more.
After the first three rectangles, I realized I had forgotten to carry the twists up one row to make nice, tight joins. I did not go back to repair this either, yet. When the back of the sweater is finished I'll have lots of ends to weave in. I can use my crochet hook to make the repairs when I don't need to worry about keeping the work on the needles any more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
It still looks very nice. When one makes a mistake, it becomes a feature!
Barb - exactly! In software development, you call it an undocumented feature. :-)
Nonsense. You document it. Then you can yell at anybody who tries to fix it. :)
Hi Marie
I love intarsia and fair isle - it's such a challenge. It looks like you're doing a really good job!
Post a Comment