Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Project Beginning and Project Middle

Let me start with the Middle. The Artist's doll, Honey, is getting a new apron. (In pink above). My daughter is knitting this one herself. I was so pleased to teach her the K2 tog. technique to use where the apron narrows for the bib. It is coming along very nicely. I wish I had put a garter stitch border across the bottom of the hem to keep it from curling. Now I need to hope blocking and starch will fix the problem!

The beginning-- a new sweater for my son. He now wears a size 4 most of the time. The size of this sweater is a 6. So he may not wear it this winter, but we will see. It is looking small to me so far. The body will have cream colored rectangles floating on the dark green field, both front and back. The sleeves will be all green. The Wool-Ease is a pleasure to have running across my fingers after the slub cotton. I feel as though I'll never take that feeling for granted again.

Interesting to note, the fireplace has been full of condensation for the last three days. This has not happened in all the years we have lived here except when we have had a fire going. There is so much humidity with the heat this week that it is seeping in through the vents.

1 comment:

KrazyinBrooklyn said...

Yeah, it's so hot, Theodore asked if we could go back inside after playing outside for only 5 minutes.