Yesterday I got a good bit of knitting done, and my Artist had a friend spend the day and night. We had a busy home, and the girls graciously included the little Engineer in their play much of the time.
They started the morning in the kitchen, making some brownies all by themselves. For a while I thought I might need to intervene -- it seems there was some discussion as to whether 1/2 cup oil meant one-half or one-and-one-half cups!!!

While the brownies were baking the piano was well-used.
Later the girls escaped the younger sibling and went to a playground themselves. On the way home they picked a wildflower bouquet featuring Queen Anne's Lace (a favorite of mine) for me. They presented it wrapped in a rhubarb leaf! That's a first!
After dinner the troops enjoyed a little two-on-one foosball with the Engineer in his favorite role as score keeper.
I did get a good deal of knitting time yesterday, but it still amazed me how much faster this wool child's sweater is coming together than the cotton man's sweater.
Here I have the back piece of the engineer's sweater completed. You can see it with the neckline stitches on the red stitch holder. And I have begun the front of the sweater. It is just a little less than half of its 16 inches length at this point. It seems I have taken many fuzzy photos of the work this morning. The detail photo shows the rectangles more clearly, but the green color looks deceivingly dark.


No comments:
Post a Comment