Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Three Cheers

Hooray Hooray Hooray!
This sweater is done and I will never need to work with this yarn again. I need to affix a label so it is easier for my sweetheart to tell the back from the front without turning on the lights to wake me in the pre-dawn winter mornings.
I suppose I should save a length of this yarn in case repairs are needed in the future, but most of it will go to Good Will. I am most definitely finished with it.

At long last, tonight I'll begin swatching for a boys' size 6 sweater in washable wool.

And in the more distant future, I hope to learn how to turn a design on paper into a knitted fabric. I have a book explaining the process, but I'll need to read it several more times before this becomes a reality. I have not been to the LYS to buy the special graph paper yet. When my daughter and I tried our hands at some designs with colored pencils and paper, the need for the rectangular-celled graph paper became obvious to me.
No design is selected yet. I know I do not want the cream color on the hem line or cuffs. I know I do want the turquoise color to be prominent near her neckline. She decided she wants this to be a long sleeve winter sweater. She decided she wants the sleeves to be pink and orange. The rest is up in the air. And there is plenty of time to make more sketches and decisions.

7 comments:

Lene said...

The sweater looks good! The size is great! Congrats!
I must say I admired your determination to finish the sweater - it was difficult to see plus it was hard to hands. I enjoy reading of your challenges. Can't wait to see what you are going to make for the Engineer!

KrazyinBrooklyn said...

Great sweater, good job. Tell Rick I hope he doesn't plain on wearing the sweater with thoes shorts. LOL

Barb the Evil Genius said...

The sweater is very nice, and I like the way you keep challenging yourself with new knitting techniques and yarns. I agree, the shorts and the sweater make quite a fasion-statement!

Marie N. said...

We remarked about the shorts when I was taking the photo. Of course, black shorts do not match. He has navy blue and tan short too. Those would coordinate much better ;-)

Rick said...

Um, no comment.

Anonymous said...

The sweater looks great!

Anonymous said...

I think you did a great job! It's really difficult to get the sizing right on adult knitwear - my tension's always too loose - what does that say about me?