
Her husband kindly gave my Artist some personal attention with regard to some Tae Kwon Do techniques. He brilliantly and with great credibility said the exact things I had hoped for her to learn about balance, stances, power etc.
Last night I began the sewing on The Quipper's sweater. I got one sleeve attached and half of another. The yarn is so uneven of texture that I cannot use the yarn to mattress stitch the seams. Instead, I am gaining an appreciation for the sewing women did in days of yore, ever so slowly stitching each seam entirely by hand. 
Today I got to work on the seams a bit more. Now both sleeves are fully attached and one sleeve seam is completed nearly to the wrist. Here you can see how the seams hand-sewn with thread are looking. They are not as large and bulky as I was afraid they might be. When I examine the photo here, I think maybe instead of seeing the seam you may see why this yarn is making me crosseyed! The seam is just to the right of center running vertically through the photo. Oh how I yearn to get my hands on some worsted weight wool again! I can't wait to feel the smoothness of the stitches. A sweater for the Engineer is next. Maybe I can begin swatching for in on Friday--that is the goal!If I am quite earnest, I may get both sleeves completed to the wrist before I fall asleep. But I'm not counting on being able to stay up too late tonight. Running in Circles played a gig last night. There are also some photos of him preparing to begin the second set.




6 comments:
The Tribe has not made it official yet, but the Cards have. Cleveland has traded Ronnie Belliard to the Cardinals. We get one of our home grown major league ready utility infielder rookies in return. Good! I saw him play in the minors and I'm exicted to have him back. Hopefully Belliard can help the Cards win the central this year, and since we're not going to be in it, I hope they win the Series too. Then, in the off season, I'd like to see him get signed to come back here!
You were never a crazy teenager, were you??
Good work on the sweater.
Hope things work out with our new infielder. We could use a little boost.
CORRECTION
Oops, I was wrong. The Quipper woke up and informed me that Luna is not a rookie. He is a playoff-experienced catcher. Great -- I like that even better! The Cleveland Indians MLB website shows that the Tribe has him listed as an infielder. Does this mean we will hear more news before 4 p.m. tomorrow?
Barb,
They might not get a boost this year, because Belliard was helpful on offence. But hopefully Choo and Luna will gel nicely with the team and.......
I guess hope springs eternal with three baseball events: 1) Start of Season; 2) Rookie phenom is called up to majors for the first time; and 3) Trading deadline approaches and you get some good players. :-)
I made a mistake. Luna is a utility player. For some reason, I remembered him being a catcher. Maybe that was just wishful thinking.
February is second to October in baseball excitement. Somewhere in the beginning of the third week of Feb. pitchers and catchers report to spring training. Then the Voice of Summer (Tom Hamilton) is heard on my radio and the excitement is contagious.
That's okay Quipper. I was hoping too. And I needed your reminder that we actually saw Luna play in Akron!
Post a Comment