I won the lottery. I staved it off for a while, but now it is my turn. At the beginning of the year I had to fill out a form to see if I could serve as a juror. I did list home schooling as a reason I could not serve. Then, in June I got the notice that my four days jury duty would be in mid July. I 'm not excited. But it is my civic duty. Thankfully, this is for my local municipal court, not for the county.
So I gutted it up and located potential sitters for the four days. My letter instructed me to call the Jury Line after a certain time each day before I was scheduled so learn whether my presence was required the following morning.
My first day was a big success. I was not needed at the court house. So we went to the playground and I got all the laundry done in one day. (Has that happened, ever, in the last nine years?)
I can report on Day Two now also. My presence is not required again. (Hooray!) My dad will come over and lunch with the kids and me instead. And I look forward to lots of knitting time as I got so many chores done today.
Tuesday, July 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Hi Marie! I have just learned about you through my husband's blog (Scottius Maximus). I had to do jury duty in March and did okay until the fourth day. I was questioned for being a juror for a pretty rough looking character (Sorry but I was pretty bias from the time we were all getting questioned.)but thanks to God I was not picked! I did learn some new things, and I gained a deeper respect for our judges. I was SO RELIEVED when it was all over with though!!
I look forward to checking out your blog some more! Blessings to another home-school mom!! :)
Post a Comment