Tuesday, July 04, 2006

The Fourth of July

Happy Fourth of July! I enjoyed the selection Martha chose to illustrate yesterday on Your Daily Art. But then, I usually enjoy her selections. And even if I don't like them for themselves, the commentary helps me understand or appreciate something about them.

The kids are dressed in their
patriotic outfits for a Fourth
party today, hosted by our
Evil Genius friends.







The navy/tan cotton sweater is underway. It has two and one half inches of K1P1 ribbing and then continues in stockinette. The yarn behaves so differently from what I am used to.These photos were taken before I began the bulk of my work on the project last night, so it is about another inch and a half longer now.

Barb, Here is what the 2006 Easter lilies look like in the ground(in back with yellowed leaves and in front with a brown crown). I hope you find yours in the spring! They do not like shade, it will stunt their growth and inhibit buds.


Long may our land be bright

With freedon's holy light
Protect us by Thy might
Great God our King!

2 comments:

KrazyinBrooklyn said...

I'm glad I got to spend the 4th with you guys it was fun.

Barb the Evil Genius said...

I'm glad I got to spend it with all of you! Thank you for teaching me about the lilies, Marie.