Thursday, July 06, 2006

Slow Progress Is Still Progress

Sweater update:
The sweater I'm knitting for the Quipper is coming along s l o w l y. The cotton yarn feels inflexible and so much harder on my fingers after working with the wool and alpaca for the previous sweater. I can feel fatigue in my fingers after an hour or so.

Last night I got the back of the sweater to 13 inches long. That means there are seven more inches, or about the length of my hand from finger tip to heel of palm, before I need to pay attention to designing the sleeve seam area. It is hard for me to believe that it may take me three more evenings devoted to knitting to make that progress.

At least my dear Quipper is happy with the colors and look of the sweater. I'm thinking I might make one of the sleeves next, instead of the front panel. I'm hoping that would break up the monotony a bit.

Here's what I hope the completed sweater will look like. After staring at this yarn for over a week it is getting a little easier to see the stitches, but it is still hard to count them. I'm relying on gauge and I'm also tallying each and every row as I complete it so the front will turn out the same length as the back!

No comments: