Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Milestone

Completing a piece of a sweater is a milestone for me. Last night I was able to reach that first milestone on this current sweater. A few days ago I thought I might go on to work a sleeve next. Last night I decided differently and I cast on the front of the sweater and got a small start on the ribbing, only about three rows. I'm continuing to find the cotton slub yarn difficult to manipulate with the needles, but I like the look of the fabric it created. I can console myself that the front of the sweater is a couple of inches shorter than the back (due to placement of the shoulder seam). So, hopefully, it will knit up faster.

More projects are on the horizon(wish list): many more pairs of wool knee socks, lace sweater for me, boy's sweater, girl's sweater and three sweaters in a magazine I bought many months ago.

My nearly forgotten baseball sock has had a wee bit of work lately, albeit in small doses. I've begun the heel flap. I'm beginning to think of these socks the way I feel about my team, (you all can say it with me now) "Maybe next year." Truthfully, though, I know I'll come back and work these a little at a time in between other projects. They use yarn I have on hand, and the other projects' supplies are still sitting in a store's cubby hole or shelf somewhere.

3 comments:

KrazyinBrooklyn said...

Looks good Marie, keep up the good work.

Lene said...

I like making knitting lists, it is as if you were already knitting the items. And what is best is that you can do the list over and over again.
The sweater looks good and the blue stocking - which is somehow looking very blue now that I know her story - will cheer up eventually.

Marie N. said...

The baseball sock is blue--my poor team! The color in the photo does not look very accurate. It is a bright navy blue.

When I do complete the sock I'll need to write down everything I do because I'm using a foot from another pattern.

At first I thought I'd be able to wear these while I cheer on my team in late September (playoffs). Now that scenario is out of the question! So this lonely sock will very liely wait until next year to have a mate.