Every Sunday reminds us of
the Easter Sunday. Yesterday morning my garden lilies offered a beautiful reminder. I'm excited that we were given two more mature plants after Easter of 2006. I put them in the ground right next to these so next year I'll have a bigger display. In addition there are eight or ten smaller lily plants that need a couple more years of growth to produce blooms.

And for Nancy...some curly photos.

This little one has inherited my hair type. He could be a curly guy! Doesn't he look like he is planning some mischief!!!
6 comments:
You ARE a curly girl! Very, very cute look. I wouldn't have thought that you had it in you. Thanks for posting.
You don't want to know what happened to my beautiful lilies from church. I think Wildchild "planted" them, pot and all. Do they need shade? The front of our house is flat-out southern exposure, so maybe that helped do them in.
Your look is very cute! And your Engineer doesn't look like he is plotting mischief. He looks like he is trying to figure out whether p=np.
Hi Barb,
The lilies I got from church this year are not blooming. They were forced into early bloom for the season. I planted them in the ground with the greens showing so they could root in and the bulbs could get some strength and build up for next late June/early July. They began to look wilty by the beginning of June and one is definately dying back now. But I want them to be able to photosynthesize as long as possible. Next spring the lilies will come up together and bloom on the same calendar.
Marie - are you doing the curly girl routine? Is that just from letting it air dry after scrunching? Amazing. It looks like you spent hours in hot rollers.
Hi Polly,
Not the full routine, I'm skipping the shampoo most of the time, using extra conditioner (erasing all cost savings) finishing with a cold rinse, and using firm hold gel on wet hair. All this followed by air drying while I knit the evening away.
It is a new routine for me to shower in the evening. When I forget I opt for the fast, warm, morning shower with shampoo and hair drier (if there is some place we need to be) or up in a ponytail (eliminating most curl).
When I was little my dad would curl my hair around his fingers and it would stay for hours.
Post a Comment