Sunday, July 16, 2006

Picnic

Yesterday we hosted some family and friends for a picnic. We had hot humid weather and kids with a lot of energy. We got a chance to catch up on hearing about the trips some folks have taken, the quilting projects, summer camps, knitting projects and plain old fun.
Meanwhile, outside, other folks were playing basketball games and trying to outdo one another with their spectacular shots. All in good fun and working up an appetite! But everyone needed occasional trips inside to enjoy some respite in the air conditioning. Finally "after dinner" had come. The kids were beside themselves with excitement. Some teens helped carry the water pistols and a tub of water balloons to the back of the garage (an area far enough removed that adults who wanted to stay dry could do so). The all out water balloon war was short lived but lots of fun as the kids splashed, squealed, shouted, taunted and soaked one another. When the major artillery was exhausted, the gun battle ensued. No one escaped the battlefield with dry clothing. A good time was had by all.

4 comments:

Gino A Melone said...

I'm not sure whether I count as a kid or teenager?

Marie N. said...

How about a supervisor?

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Thank you for a lovely time! And he counts as a kid!

Aaron.D.Nemoyer said...

Back in the day, I was a water balloon and H2O gun ace. ...actually, I still am ...and it still is my day. :P B)