Long summer days are perfect for a picnic. And if Mom's cooking something too messy for a picnic (teriyaki stir fry chicken, vegetables and noodles) then there is always pretend.
In other news I have completed all the purchasing of books and materials for school. Over the next month I should be getting lots of books and materials in the mail. This year Homestead Lutheran Academy will have the Artist in 4th grade and the Engineer in combined K4 and K5. Fourth grade is pretty straight forward. For my little one, it will be a year of experimentation. He is reading and does pretty well at printing with me sitting next to him (for confidence more than anything). But he is lacking on other areas -- dressing himself without cajoling or complaining, tying his shoes. I'm hoping a lot of this will even out over the next year. I really really really want to have them both studying the same historical time periods and branches of science in first and fifth grades for the 2007-2008 school year.
I still do not have the school room moved upstairs to its new location. I thought it was more important to get these orders in first. We'll see what other excuses I can come up with next week.


2 comments:
How did you get Nathan to sit so still for the picture? LOL It looked like they had a good time.
I just snuck up on them. They were absorbed in their playing.
Post a Comment