Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Through the Eyes of Children

Yesterday we got two interesting insights into our children's personalities.

The Engineer is engrossed. He was absolutely mesmerized by the spinning top. The tops kept him and his little neighbor friend busy for quiet a while.

Later, at bedtime, I told the Artist I had a secret. Then I whispered to her that she had the best dad in the whole wide world. She promptly said "I know" with a slightly smug tone implying 'that's not a real secret'!

I walked away to leave her dad some time to say good night and I told her she could tell the secret. She called after me, "Some other mom in the world probably just told her kids the same thing!"

A few minutes later her dad and I laughed ourselves silly over that one.

2 comments:

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Your daughter is pretty smart, especially as I think the Scientist and Wildchild have the best dad in the whole wide world. :) I suppose they have the best, God-given father for *them*.

How long before the Engineer starts taking things apart to find out how they work? ;)

RPW said...

I love noticing the differences in my children's personalities. It's so amazing getting an insight into their hearts!