Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Picking Up the Pace

As I said in my last post, I look forward to more knitting on Wednesday.

Late Tuesday I finally got to the point in the sweater front that I could bind off a few stitches on each side where the seams will be sewn under the arms. The 99-stitch rows seemed interminable in the rough and tough cotton yarn. I did time my work a few days back. I was astounded to learn it actually took me five minutes to do one row of stockinette stitch!

Now, with the rows a mere 12 stitches shorter, the work pace picks up a good bit. At ten till midnight on Wednesday I hope to have another photo to show with more work done.

This photo shows the thickness variation of the yarn. Binding off can be a trick when I need to lift the thick loops over one another.

No comments: