Ohhhhh! You got me, Barb.
Here goes:
1. One book that changed your life:
The Closing of the American Mind by Allan Bloom. When I decided to write a paper on it for a college philosophy class I was able to reinforce why I was a conservative. Prior to this my reasons were largely "because my parents were."
2. One book that you have read more than once:
Unabridged collection of Jane Austin novels.
3. One book you’d want on a desert island:
The Lutheran Hymnal
4. One book that made you laugh:
Hmm... Some books, you ask? Bill Watterson's Calvin and Hobbes cartoon collections (all of them) and A trio of Erma Bombeck books we read around the dinner table when I was growing up: The Grass Is Always Greener Over the Septic Tank, At Wits End, and Just Wait Till You Have Children of Your Own.
5. One book that made you cry:
I just wrote about it a few days ago: Across Five Aprils by Irene Hunt. (See July 26 post if you want more info.).
6. One book that you wish had been written:
The Handy Pocket Guide to Raising the Artist and the Engineer by God.
7. One book that you wish had never been written:
The list is too long to distill now. Bonfire, anyone?
8. The book you are currently reading:
The Boys' War by Jim Murphy
9. One book you have been meaning to read:
For quite some time now I've been meaning to finish Dante's The Divine Comedy. At least I'm in Paradiso now. But only Canto 7. I think I started Paradiso in January.
10. Now tag five people:
Ummm -- I'll conscientiously object.
Friday, July 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I love your answer to number 6!
hey marie
(barb tagged me too..)
i almost wrote calvin and hobbes too... hubby and D16 have a lond standing love affair with them, and there's no way i wanna miss out on the fun when the books are open and they're snortling...
Post a Comment