One expected ship did not make the trip this year due to flooding in the northeastern US making the water level in the locks too high.
All these photos are from The Plain Dealer. I credited each photographer above the photo.
Gus Chan's photo:
This one shows Cleveland Browns Stadium, the Cleveland Science Center and the Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame in the bakcground. Thomas Ondrey's photo:
Marvin Fong's photo:
Mike Levy's photo:
John Kuntz's photo:
John Kuntz's photo:
John Kuntz's photo:
And this last one reminds me of the send off the fire boats give the cruise ships when they leave New York Harbor. When I was five my grandparents took me on a three week voyage to Scandinavia. The fireboats and the ticker tape send off are a great memory! This is Gus Chan's photo:


7 comments:
Thanks for the pics. Cheri, Jessie and some others went to see the tall ships several years ago. It was very expensive to board the ships so we did not do that. We did enjoy walking along the boardwalk. Have you gone to see them?
Wow, those are really beautiful... The one with the sunset and the sillouette is definately my favorite. =)
Great pictures. That fire boat I've been on the fire boat many times in my child hood. It was docked right next to my dad's boat.
My daughter and I went to see the tall ships the same year the school group did. We went at a different time, though, and now I can't remember why. Maybe it was because Daddy wanted to join us?
Emily,
Will I see you credited as a photojournalist in a magazine or newspaper some day?
Krazy,
That sounds like fun! Did you ever get to operate the hoses?
I don't remember, but I remember I got to operate the horn though
Post a Comment