Along the underside of the sleeve the seam shows a little more, but I am still happy with it. The sleeves have an interesting, pleasing contour to them. And they seem just a touch long. I'll have to note on my pattern to make the sleeves about 4 rows shorter next time. I'll be thankful for the length in the winter.
My daughter had fun cropping my head in these photos of the finished sweater with the collar down...
...and with the collar up.
See how nicely it clashes with summer pants!I'm thinking ahead to the next projects. I have bought some cotton yarn to make a sweater for the Quipper and some cotton blend to make one for my son. I'm still searching for just the right ribbon yarn to use on a summer top I found in a magazine too. Oh, and there are the baseball socks, neglected and forgotten in the bottom of my knit bag. I suppose I ought to get going on those too. At least while I wait for the yarn I just bought to arrive.


7 comments:
Wow, the sweater looks great!
Beautiful!!
I'm impressed!
Next photo include your head (rumor has it that you're a "curly girl" now - I want to see.)
Hi Nancy,
I have a curly photo on June 16th, and also a kind of fuzzy one that our waitress too of us on my June 26th post. Sometimes I don't have the time to let my hair air dry so I'm putting it up in a ponytail wet. That ruins the curl! That is also what you missed because I had my head cropped out of the sweater shots :-)
Wow. Great job. You can wear to watch Ohio State play this fall.
Mrs. Apron,
You mean she can wear it as she falls asleep during the Ohio State games this fall. Marie has a penchant for falling asleep during any and all football games. :-)
I stay up for the Superbowl because I want to see those ads for which someone is willing to pay in excess of $2 million!
No brown and orange sweaters will be found on my needles, but I'll cheer on the Browns from my pillow.
Post a Comment