Alternative phrasing for the Trinity in the "experimental liturgies" of the Persbyterian church:
Mother, Child and Womb
King of Glory, Prince of Peace, Spirit of Love
Rock, Redeemer, Friend
Lover, Beloved, Love
Creator, Savior, Sanctifier
The conservatives at the Presbyterian convention refer to the way God is referred to in the Bible and Christ's instruction on how to pray in giving the Lord's Prayer.
"This does not alter the church's theological position," claimed some Presbyterian babe. (Sorry, I could not find her name and I missed it when it was refrenced on the air.)
I Scoff, to cover the profound sadness.
Tuesday, June 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I make a "raspberry" (as best I can) in their general direction, then think about the individual human lives that may be lost forever, and wish I was capable of reaching someone, somehow.
On a lighter note, I clicked on your new Daily Art link. Did you ever read Anne of Green Gables? Remember how she "came to grief" pretending to be the Lady of Shalott? Ever read The Mirror Crack'd?
I did not read Ann of Green Gables! Thanks for reminding me of something to put on the list for school. I do try to watch it during the PBS pledge drive. I have the poem at home here.
I also think of Sir Lancelot and the Lady of the Lake when I hear the Moody Blues' song "For My Lady". But I think that has more to do with the instrumentation and the music's mood than the lyrics.
Post a Comment