Monday, June 19, 2006

A Little Discipline

This sweater is testing me. I am so eager to get on with it, but it needs to take its time. This is more complex than things I have knitted before and I need to learn (the hard way!) to pay better attention to what I am doing.I am more thankful than ever now, that I took the time to write out row-by-row directions for the front panel. My frustration would be intolerable if I did not have the steps written out so I can check them off when done, erase the check marks when I need to rip back, and re-check the rows when I finally complete them the right way.

I have made it just a about half way through the shoulder decreases. When I'm concentrating on the decreases I forget to work the cable. (rip, rip) When I remember to work the cable, I forget to wrap the gray yarn, but I don't discover it until I'm ready to work the red stripe again (rip, rip).

Well, now the knitting is correct and neat. I'll reset yesterday's goal and work tonight to get to the point of binding off the stitches at the neckline. I'm looking forward to casting on for the sleeves.

No comments: