Inspired by Favorite Apron's new music find, I turned my radio off and dug out the Quipper's old Electric Light Orchestra
album (1977) to keep my house cleaning (who am I kidding?) well, at least my vacuuming, sheet changing, de-cluttering, and kitchen cleaning moving along. Next on the list, if I can keep cleaning that long, Moody Blues (late 1960's through the 80's) or Journey (1980's) and the Kinks (1970's - 80's).Perhaps I'm living a bit in the past? Well, I'm enjoying the music of the past much better than today's anyway.


7 comments:
Whether or not you get the suit or not is up to you! I don't think people at our church would look at you funny if you wore it. As for the white fox, there's always vintage, or (whispers) faux.
I'd love the use of your record player sometime! I have a record of the Scientist's former piano/voice teacher that I have never even heard, as our record player was long gone when I got it. I've fantasized about getting it converted to a more "modern" medium now for years!
We bought our stereo when CDs were still an up-and-coming technology. It does not have a CD player.
The suit patterns are so chic. The suit I'm picturing might be something I saw in a movie at one time, or maybe I saw my ballet mistress wear it once because I have some association with her and the dress in my mind.
I picture a mid calf skirt with lots of flair lined with about three inches of fox fur at the hem. The waist in hidden under a fitted jacket with fur lapelles, collar and cuffs. I can't picture the buttons, so I imagine they'd have to be velvet covered too. The green is deep emerald. The hat would be a little pill box with a veil and some fur trim. I have the period cigarette holder, but without the dress and hat the outfit is rather incomplete!!!
Sounds like it would be a rather chic outfit!
I'd still like to use your record player sometime if that would be possible as I have never even heard this record at all.
"She hates time; make it stop.
When did Motley Crue become classic rock?"
Thanks Barb! I'm glad the Quipper was here to explain the quote to me. How a propos!
Journey is one of my cleaning CD's. Dh loves ELO and has been walking around singing Mr. Blue Sky for the past two weeks.
And I say go for the suit! :)
Great album choices! I tend to live a bit in the past with my music choices as well. When I was in high school, my favorite bands had their major hits in the 60s...
=)
Post a Comment