Thursday, June 22, 2006

Summer Storms

I'm glad to have the rain. But lets have a few dry days in between! Something dug up a bunch of my green bean seedlings (grrrr), the ones the deer did not eat earlier. Now the ground is soft and I'll be away from home and unable to guard my garden for a few days.

Last night we all slept down on the first floor due to the storms last night. Tonight, we have more storms predicted so we will probably "camp" in the living room again to comfort the little ones.

My photo did not turn out too well. Here I was surprised to see my solar lights were on at 4:10 p.m. this afternoon. You see one white blip in the middle of the left bottom quadrant. It is not really as black outside as it looks in the photo, and the lights went out again about 20 minutes later when the storm passed.

The Quipper and I will be celebrating our anniversary (one month later!) with a weekend away beginning tomorrow. Maybe I'll have some photos when I get back. I'll try to get some good ones for the horse lovers who read here.

I've never been to a winery before either, so I'm hoping for some interesting things to photograph there too.I want to finish the last sleeve on my sweater tonight and block all the pieces so I can begin assembling them when I get home. Here that last sleeve is about half done. I found that using a mattress stitch will allow me to seam the collar without too much bulk. So I am now leaning towards knitting the collar flat instead of in the round. The final decision will be made when I get home.

2 comments:

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Hope you and the Quipper have a great time!

Emily said...

Yes!
You must have pictures.
=P