I was increasingly dissatisfied with the join between the two colors on the right side as I looked at the front panel.
So I have begun a swatch to get more practice and to eliminate the two crimson purl stitches on either side of the cable. Those purls were difficult to pull tight (inexperience) and I did not like that I could not get them to lie smoothly on the panel as they did in my swatches. They are part of the pattern so that the cable will be offset and stand out from the background. In my latest swatch I think the bold color change gives the same effect as that design element.
After Latin and before copying more sloppy history notes, my eldest helps my youngest enjoy some bubbles outside.


2 comments:
Ratz anyway!
Every bit of rippin-n-redo is worth it - so long as the yarn doesn't suffer - when you knit your own. If you are going to invest all those hours, you want it to best the best it can be.
Sloppy notes, you say. She sounds a lot like her father.
Post a Comment