
With around 100 frolicking children and a fisherman near by I think the large fish were hiding. But this little one posed for me. He is only about 5 inches long.
I had to go half way around the lake before I saw anything more than fish! I was hoping for some of the frogs, tadpoles or turtles we had seen in the past. But I also saw many of these snails. This one must have ventured onto the rocks when the rains raised the water level a little. The red splotches are from the paint sprayer. The fence enclosing the lake was recently painted a rust red.

Ahhh! Finally something my son will really like to look at! (I'm remembering last time he encountered a frog we had to keep him from stomping on it.)
Getting the best angle over the water was a trick. Straight down from above was the best camera shot and the worst example of fence climbing to set for any little ones who were watching.


3 comments:
Those pictures aren't bad at all, Mrs. N.
-Aaron, who still needs to post his pictures...
(Oops. That was supposed to come out sounding more like a compliment.)
Thanks, Aaron,
I took it like you meant it the first time :-)
Post a Comment