Friday, June 09, 2006

To Rip or Not to Rip

I am not sure what to do. I discovered an error in a full fashion decrease about 4 rows after I made it. I have not ripped out these decreases before without twisting some stitches when I put the work back on the needles. Then the twisted stitches leave a nasty scar in the fabric that cannot be camouflaged. This little one stitch error I can hide, and I suspect I will. I'm a little disappointed that I have an error this early in the project. But I suppose I knew it would happen some time. Better now than in the collar (last section to complete), right?!

I hope to get the back of the sweater completed tonight. It takes longer now that I need to keep track of each row and what I'm doing in each row. Next I begin work on the sleeves. If I do well I can cast on for the first one tonight.

With this project I will try some deviation from my directions. They instruct to bind off stitches at the shoulder and sew the seam together when they are all complete. I plan to keep the stitches on holders and use the three needle bind off instead of sewing a seam. Can anyone tell me a reason why this will not work?

Thanks for your help with my project!

No comments: