Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Some Assembly Required

Here it is -- almost done. Just need to put it together!Last night I wove in some two dozen loose ends and there are still more that I'll use to begin seaming. I ended up knitting the collar in the round and I'm very pleased with it. I was worried for a while because the pattern calls for picking up 82 stitches around the neck. When I counted up all the bound off stitches that would be abutting the collar there were nearly 100, but it worked out fine and it is not too big or too loose over the neck. Perhaps this is because I used a US 4 circular needle instead of the US 6 that I used for the ribbing over the rest of the sweater. I'll need to buy a US 6 some time, but 10 p.m. last night was not the time!

The collar can be worn up... ...or folded over.I printed off my step-by-step tutorial on how to do the mattress stitch. Maybe tonight...

2 comments:

KrazyinBrooklyn said...

WOW! That sweater turned out well. Good job.

Danylle
(incase you don't know who krazyinbrookly is)

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Very nice! Congratulations!