Friday, June 16, 2006

Knitting Catch-Up

I've worked late into the night the last two nights to get back to the point where I had to rip back. Now I'm finally beyond that point, at least by a row or two. As DH is only feeling slightly better he was able to catch a photo of me knitting.
Thanks to Favorite Apron (June 9), I have discovered a way to manage the curls I've been blow drying out of my hair for the last 25 years. You can see them here too.








Finally my son is enthusiastic about one of his chores -- sock folding. He begins by making a long line of all the socks from the week's laundry. Here is stretches from through the den, down the hall and past the bathroom. He will methodically make his way through the row matching and folding each pair. He does a nicer job at this chore than his sister nearly 5 years his senior.

7 comments:

Genuine Lustre said...

I love this method of matching socks. My sock method is a big mess - an overstuffed laundry basket with months worth of unmatched socks. Every once in a while we'll match them up while watching movie and toss all the extras that haven't found a home.

I think your hair looks FABULOUS!!

Anonymous said...

I have a big bag full of unmatched socks why don't I throw it away I ask myself, well I hope I'll find them one day. :-0

Jane said...

I like his sock solution.
We have an entire big drawer in my husband's dresser of unmatched socks.
Once in a while someone will decide to match them , but most of the time people just have to dig.

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Cute curls! That's why I'm big on sandals in the summer - no socks!

Marie N. said...

I needed a chore a four year old could do when my daughter turned four. That seemed a natural choice. I take the clothes out of the dryer. I separate out the socks while I fold the rest. My daughter, and now my son, gets the pile of socks to deal with. It will be a sad day when I need to fold socks again! My son is also a good table setter and he likes to help empty the dishwasher, but I'm not ready for his help there yet!

Aaron.D.Nemoyer said...

That's the way I match socks, except I make a row that sprials around a single room so I don't have to walk as far. :D It's said that great minds think alike, so he's probably going to grow up to be a great mind too. ;-) :D

Anonymous said...

The girls laughed when they saw this picture of Nathan. He uses a method similar to theirs. They used to hang them around the laundry basket edge and chairs and use a chant to add some rhythm.