Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Winding Down

After today we have just two days left of school with the exception of Latin class. There are around three more weeks of Latin, including a final test. That means a few days of studying Latin flashcards prior to the test.

Latin today... The class has four students.
Pastor Gross instructs his class.
As for the other subjects, my daughter has one math lesson, one math test, and at least three science experiments to complete. For history she has many many many many pages of sloppy work to recopy. And last, she needs to make the final copies of two original stories. We will work long and hard the rest of this week, but I think some copying will slip into "post school year" time.

Piano and Tae Kwon Do continue all year long.

Recess today...

Science today... Do soap molecules spread out on the surface of water? The dreaded definitions of scientific terms...

Conducting the experiment
Pepper grains over the surface (a few sank) of water on a plate
A drop or two of dishwashing liquid is added and the pepper whisks to the edges of the plate (except for the grains that sank)

4 comments:

Presbytera said...

Recess looks like a lot more fun than Latin : ) Quite an age range in that Latin class! Has your little one got the hang of starting the swing on his own?

Aaron.D.Nemoyer said...

Nah. Latin is more fun than playing. ita vero. :P

Marie N. said...

My girl likes recess better, but I do catch her bragging at Tae Kwon Do and German about all her experience with languages.

I remember bragging like that -- just trying to show off when I was in 2nd grade. I told my school friends "I gotta go to Europe again." I remember thinking of I way I could fit that into the conversation.

My little guy fares better on my friend's playgym than the swings at the park. The grooves where mulch is worn away are so deep I almost have to help the 9 year old onto the swing. He'll get the hang of it soon. Hey! He actually drank from a straw for me for the first time ever today. Another first, he read the bulletin boards at the library to me. He is on many different levels at the same time.

Aaron.D.Nemoyer said...

Drinking from a straw? *applauds* Now he can learn to blow bubbles! B)