

Also over the weekend I discovered the Engineer's mittens will not last through the winter. The lining got quite misshapen during the last washing and I can't get it to fit correctly again. The leftover yarn from the stockings, when held two strands together, will make a nice pair of mittens for him. I printed off a pattern after a brief web search. The only change I plan to make to it is to increase the length of the cuffs.

They are so little -- they should knit up fairly quickly. I just got started on the ribbing of the first one when the clock struck midnight and it was time for me to get to bed.p.s. Way to go Buckeyes! Nice try Browns.


8 comments:
Great stockings Marie. It's so very good that they stay up, I can't manage that with socks, let alone stockings!
Beautiful stockings! I'm really impressed - I have enough trouble with "second sock syndrom" when I just do regular socks!
Your stockings are so beautiful. I'am really impressed...
The stockings are beautiful. You have done a great job. They look so warm and cosy.
Lovely stockings! I laughed out loud when I read the title of your post. Boy, can I relate :)
I can't believe you finished those already. Check out the yarnharlot blog- she is working on a sock a day challenge.
Now I need to do some serious house cleaning! All was neglected for a while there. The only thing I have going now are the Engineer's mittens, and they will be done by late tonight (little, little hands).
Deine Strümpfe sind Genial. Ich Bewundere Deine Strümpfe. Ich bekomme immer nur einen Socken Fertig und dann liegt es ersteinmal ;o))
Post a Comment