And it was on sale! That is why this photo shows it in a shopping bag waiting for me to make room for it in my closet. (With the approach of Christmas said closet is getting a bit crowded).This yarn is mostly wool (68%) with some nylon content (32%). I love the colors in it and I was pleased that with the sale I could get enough to make a sweater.
I've spent a lot of time searching for a lace pattern for a finger weight pullover sweater. I have run across very few, and none that I liked enough to commit to. Instead I found two lovely cardigan patterns for that yarn and I need to decide between the two of them. Anyway, in that searching I ran across a number of fantastic patterns calling for worsted weight yarns. When my over-the-knee stockings are done, I'll swatch this to see which patterns this new supply may be best suited for. Speaking of the over-the-knee-stockings, they are coming along. Monday and Tuesday nights I did work on them, but I was considerably slowed by a cut on my right index finger. The second sock is about half the size of the first one, but the rounds are getting shorter as the sock tapers towards the foot.
I'm guessing I'm just over half done with this second stocking, and I still have hopes of finishing it this weekend.


3 comments:
Pretty yarn! I'm cheering for you to finish the second sock this weekend. Go! Go! Go!
I love the yarn and I'm looking forward to seeing your stockings when they are finished!
The yarn is gorgeous, such a great colour!
Post a Comment