While reading one of my recent Smithsonian magazines I came across a title that looked like a light, interesting read. Anne Morrow Lindbergh wrote North to the Orient about her trip with her husband to the Orient via the Great Circle Route.
I requested it from my local library and I just picked it up. Right now it must vie for my time with the stockings I am knitting! But it is such a little book (under 150 pages) that it will not take a lot of time to read.
My 9 year old is already interested in Amelia Earhart and her aviation career. So if this book is appropriate, the Artist may be the next to read it.
Tuesday, November 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Marie - have you read her Gift from the Sea? It's kind of a neat short read. She wrote it while spending a month alone at the beach - comparing different shells to the stages of a woman's life.
I'm thinking that a month alone on the beach sounds pretty good!
Post a Comment