Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Living on the Edge

Or as we often say around here, "Dumb cat!" I couldn't believe I found her on the dishwasher door. I only stepped away from loading up the dishes for a minute. Recently, my daughter discovered she likes to lie in the utility tub in the basement too (where the washing machine empties). Imagine the distressed-cat sounds we would hear if she were surprised by a shower of warm sudsy water from the washer.

More cardigan work, and nothing to show for it. Last night I used two hours to cast on those 326 stitches again and knit the first row. Again I was one stitch off somewhere. Before I bury my needles in the back yard in frustration, I will undo these stitches and cast on again. But I think I will start with a sleeve this time so there are fewer opportunities for errors. And I'm starting to think I'll need to put a thread through the stitches of each purl row.

5 comments:

Gina said...

Cute cat! Yes, start with a sleeve -- not as many stitches, and you will get the pattern down for the body

Anonymous said...

Ouch, poor you! Again, I admire your patience, I rarely knit "grown up" things as I hate casting on.

Amy said...

I'm having a good laugh picturing your cat getting doused :)

I don't think I'd have the patience and tenacity to stick with your knitting project!

Genuine Lustre said...

The the things that we take pictures of now that we have blogs!

~Kathy~ said...

Love the cat! We used to have a cat when I was growing up and we called her "Dumb Cat". What a nut!

Kathy