Monday, November 13, 2006

On Foot and Needles

I have not posted a photo of my efforts on my over the knee stockings in a while. One is completed, and the second is begun. When I look at the photo of the completed stocking, I see the camera lens must have a spot on it right by the right side of my ankle. All the lifelines are removed now, but I still have some stitch markers at certain points. Those will stay in until the second stocking catches up to those points.

I am very pleased with how comfortable the sock is, and I like the foot shape and toe shaping very much. I did use the star reduction pattern. This is definitely the best sock foot I've knitted to date. The second stocking has a little ways to go. Maybe this coming weekend I can finish it. This weekend I expect to have a lot of TV time as the Ohio State University

plays
That School Up North
on Saturday afternoon, and the Browns play their next game against the Stillers on Sunday.

With all that football on the TV, I can get a lot of knitting done, and this second sock may match its mate. Right now, it still has a good 9 inches to knit before I begin the lattice work at the back of the ankle.

8 comments:

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Sorry, but everytime I read a post about your sock progress, I keep hearing Regis saying, "Would you like to use a lifeline?" :)

Woo hoo! Go OSU! Go Brownies!

Anonymous said...

Your sock looks really great. I can't wait to see the finished pair.

Rick said...

You'll knit during the games, as long as your "fall asleep to football on TV" gene doesn't kick in. :-)

Marie N. said...

Quipper,
It is hard to sleep with the kids bouncing around in the den and somebody yelling "tackle LOW" or "where's the flag on that play?" or, my favorite, "Idiots!" during the game.

Come to think of it, I did fall asleep to the Brown's victory on Sunday, but the kids were not in the room that time.

Evil Genius,
I actually think about that too, but when I'm ripping out stitches only a couple of rows back due to the lifeline!

Amy said...

These are really looking great!

Rick said...

Marie,

You forgot "catch the ball with YOUR HANDS! Idiot!"

I'm glad to know that you can sleep while I'm ranting at the TV. :-)

Genuine Lustre said...

Is that 3rd position Marie?

I'll be knitting during the big game too. I need some mindless fun right about now.

Marie N. said...

tee hee -- no Polly, That is 'try to keep the rolled up pant leg out of the photo' position.

Dances With Wool has a ballerina model her socks. When my socks look as good as hers, then maybe....