I am touched by their thoughtfulness in that they brought gifts at all. I think these gifts are so special for the slice of life experience they give this pampered American.
First there is a soap. This container is stamped Top Product and Made in Ghana. It is made with milk and honey.
We were warned it will make our skin feel so very soft. It has a scent that is neither pleasant or unpleasant, but rather simply clean. My friend Amanda was over the other day and I showed the soap to her as she likes to make her own lotions and soaps. She suspected the African soap contained caster oil too. I wouldn't know.They also presented us with a jug (I estimate one quart) of honey. It is very dark and rich.
When I tasted it, the flavor was reminiscent of a sweet grass sorghum I bought in Tennessee a few years ago. The initial flavor was a rich honey taste and the longer I had it in my mouth the more the taste tended toward sorghum. It was not so strong as to suggest molasses. The honey will be great on pancakes and waffles as well as in cooking barbecue, stir fry and making salad dressings--all the ways I usually use honey.


6 comments:
Try it on some fresh, hot, buttered, buttermilk biscuits.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
What wonderful gifts! I love little treats from far away.
The honey...not the soap...
Thanks for clarifying, Scott. I narrowly averted disaster ;-)
tee hee
oh wow i have goosebumps reading about the special pressies.. they're gorgeous.
my auntie has recently got into bee-keeping. her honey is delish!! X
How wonderful that you are included on their list of "must sees."
I've enjoyed looking at their blog- what an experience.
Post a Comment