These two projects are at the head of my list of things to do this week. If all goes well, I should get them both accomplished. Then I can let myself begin the much more fun task of purchasing any materials needed for the next school year!
Monday, July 09, 2007
Home School Portfolio
Today is the day I must begin going through all the Artist's school work accomplished during the fourth grade with an eye toward the goal of assembling a portfolio. The portfolio of her work will then be given to a teacher friend of mine for review. The teacher will then fill out a form required by the State of Ohio. Once that is done, we will be prepared with all the paperwork we need in order to continue home schooling next year.
The Artist is quite fond of scrap books. Each school year, in addition to the academic work she does, I have created a field trip scrap book for her. At this time this morning, this year's scrap book is masquerading as a large envelope overstuffed with brochures, ticket stubs, event programmes, and the Artist's paragraphs about each field trip.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
The portfolios are my goal for this week too! I decided to get that done first before ordering items for next school year. I want to make pages with script and pictures for the field trips so I will need to teach myself how to do that in Word.
Monday is over and I have not made any progress yet.....
All well and good, but did you achieve excellence in teacher attendance?! ;~)
Good for you Marie!! I am in the process of typing up Angus' transcript in preparation for attending our community college either spring or fall semester of '08. It is a little more time consuming than I thought it would be. I was going to do a scrapbook of all his work; however, that never panned out. I do have a collection of his writing though. Also, I am going to work on a scrapbook of pictures for his graduation. Our baby is growing
up!! Well, we must enjoy the new stages of his life! :)
Post a Comment