The pattern I like so much is Kitchen Hand Towel in the Kraemer Yarns pattern collection. I altered it slightly to be a little more broad and a little longer than the pattern calls for. I also used peaches and cream cotton and smaller needles than the pattern calls for.
Just prior to making the Kraemer towel I made this pink and white one. "If Only!" If only I had had another yard or two on the pink and white yarn I would have been able to make the handle long enough to button around my refrigerator door pull. I knit this as far as I dared before I knotted the yarn and wove in about three stitches. When I sewed the button I reinforced the poor weaving so it should not unravel. This towel has to hang from a drawer pull.
The first towel I made was the reverse diamond towel.
I'll be making a few more of the Kraemer towels. Every time I complete one, I get to throw away the most threadbare of my old towels. There are several candidates for the trash bin remaining in my kitchen linens drawer. In the mean time, it is back to knitting on Rick's sweater. I got one solitary round done on the sweater last night. It took 31 minutes! We need to get reacquainted I think.


1 comment:
I think they're looking great Marie. So far mine are standing up well to all of the wear and washing they take, which was my main worry. I love the yarn on the first one.
Post a Comment