After last night's knitting I snapped some photos of the new work for the first time. This is the one that turned out best, although it is still rather dark.
Tuesday, July 24, 2007
Sweater Update
As I was settling in for my evening knitting Rick was heading out to play a little basketball in the yard. When I went out to see him, I also saw this marvelous Sailor's Delight sunset. This morning I awoke to a gentle rain with no wind, finally! It is what we need.
You may have read of my nightmarish woes with the Amhra'n Gra (Love Song) sweater for Rick. After starting over I have a happy fact to report -- each round takes about seven minutes less time than when I was following the pattern the wrong way. I also wondered in the past, why the pattern developing in the fabric I was knitting did not look as close to the photo on the pattern as I expected. For some reason I remained oblivious to the fact that I was mis-following the directions for such a long time. Sigh.
After last night's knitting I snapped some photos of the new work for the first time. This is the one that turned out best, although it is still rather dark.
After last night's knitting I snapped some photos of the new work for the first time. This is the one that turned out best, although it is still rather dark.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Glad to see you back at it! Good progress.
Wow! That was so quick work!
Looking good!
Post a Comment