Today she had an opportunity to practice. I thoroughly enjoy that her practice sessions require less and less of my involvement each time.
In today's lesson she produced her first pepperoni bread.

The house smells sooooo good! The Engineer did not care for "ham" in his bread, but the Artist and I loved it.
Don't get too jealous, Quipper! The bread made a nice paring with the Greek Salad we had for dinner (garbonzo beans, red bell pepper, cucumber, black olives, and a whole lot of basil-with- sun-dried-tomato feta cheese and anchovies).
No suitable salad dressing was in the pantry so we mixed olive oil, vinegar, soy sauce and honey with some dried oregano. I suppose you can say
When the Quipper's away
The palate will play!
When the Quipper's away
The palate will play!
Naaa, that's not completely true. I just enjoy a wider variety than he does.


7 comments:
That is the perfect dinner! I adore salads, and I must confess that pepperoni bread is an old favorite. The Artist's baking skills are formidable.
Impressive young baker! And, what a pretty salad. 7/11 of my children love anchovies. Percentages were so much fun when we had only 10 children.
yum-OH!!!
that salad looks absolutely divine and WOW what a fabulous loaf of bread !!!!!
yum-OH!!!
that salad looks absolutely divine and WOW what a fabulous loaf of bread !!!!!
There was a scary moment with the bread. I asked her how much salt she put in and she told me the recipe called for one and one half tablespoons. It turns out she mis- spoke!
It called for, and she put in, one and one half teaspoons. Another place where I could point out to this child that sometimes details are *very* important.
so sorry my comment got posted *twice*.. blogger was being tricky today and wouldn't post it...
I miss pepperoni bread.
I don't miss anchovies. :-)
Post a Comment