Friday, January 19, 2007

Pink

I'm so pleased with the shade of pink in this reclaimed yarn. Here are the beginnings of a tunic pullover for the Artist in a pink perfect for her.

I could not get out of my own shadow and the patio doors that usually flood the room with light let a dim grey in through thickly falling snow this morning. But in the close up you can get a better idea of the color. The back is completed, but rather than binding off I have kept the stitches live on holders. I like to use a three-needle bind off at the shoulders and I will need live stitches at the back of the neck to continue with the neckband after the garment is assembled.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marie - you have more patience in your pinky toe than I have in my entire body.

Gina said...

I agree! The three needle bind off at the shoulder is the way to go. I don't like to seam, so it's great for that. I also think it provides more stability.

Anonymous said...

She'll be pretty in pink!

Anonymous said...

I did the 3 needle bind off on one of my husband's sweaters and it looked great. I thought it might stretch but after 25 years the shoulder bind off is about the only part of it still intact.