Tuesday, January 30, 2007
Recycled Sweater
It is so close to being done, I'm calling it 'done.' The Artist's new pink pullover tunic is complete except for weaving in the ends related to the neckline. The pattern photo shows a contrast color for the carter stitch cuffs, hem, and neckline, but I used the same color throughout.
When I follow patterns to the letter, the sleeves for my garments come out a little too long for my arms. The same thing has happened here. When I had her try it on this morning, we needed to cuff the sleeves a bit. Some of this is due to the fact that I made a size 12 while she would currently wear an 8, but even when she grows to fit the sweater the arms will still need to be cuffed. I never realized I had short arms before! Now I know to just shorten the required length on long sleeved patterns a little.
I'm so pleased I was able to make this garment for a grand yarn expenditure of $4.00. Next time I will try to straighten the yarn a little by wetting it down and letting it dry before I wind it into balls.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
It's amazing how much you learn about your body when you make your own clothes. The sweater is very pretty, and should look gorgeous on the Artist.
you are rather talented, you know.
bet it feels gorgeous on :o)
You win the frugal knitter award.
Post a Comment