Thursday, January 25, 2007

Mommy Moment

Last night I had a few errands to run after picking
up the Artist from Tae Kwon Do. When we exited the car in the library parking lot, the Artist asked if she could hold my hand.

I said yes. She continued, "It is going to be hard to stop wanting to hold your hand."

As my heart melted I assured her, "It will not be hard when you are ready to stop."

Her immediate reply, "Well I'm not ready!" accompanied a squeeze to my hand.

7 comments:

KrazyinBrooklyn said...

That's so cute. I had tears in my eyes. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

(sinff!)


got somethin in my eye.....

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Awwwwww. Enjoy those moments (I know you are.) Teen-age angst is right around the corner. Ask me how I know.

Gina said...

My goodness how sweet! The sad part is that you know in her teen years she will probably find it very easy to stop, but it comes around again. I am 40, and I love to hold my mother's hand or arm when we are out. I even like to crawl into bed and chat with her when I visit.

Anonymous said...

Our "teen angst" isn't bad with our 14yo-who-will-be-15-soon.

We don't hold hands, but we, the parents, haven't yet become "Dumbest inhabitants of the Earth" yet either.

So look up~! It doesn't ALWAYS go badly! :-)

(heaven knows I tormented my parents tho.... :-( )

Anonymous said...

Yeah, treasure those moments indeed while they last. *nods*

*warily watches adults watching him*

*flees*

-Aaron

Jane said...

It may not change. My 20 yo will still willingly grab my hand or arm as we walk along, and she always has.
:)