Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Finished Bolero!

At last the Bolero is completed and the lace edging is attached. I'm glad I kept the edging stitches live when I started attaching it to the vest. Wouldn't you know, my measurements were about one half inch off, and I needed to add one more pattern repeat to finish it off evenly.

This is the bolero, and the dress I plan to pair it with. I have a few close-ups for the knitters out there.
Front neckline and opening. Curves from front panels to waist. Back waistline.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

The colors look just like you Marie and I love the edging.
What is the characature on the wall?

Kim said...

Wow! That looks wonderful. I love the colors.

Marie N. said...

Hi Polly,
My in-laws took the kids to their city's Home Days festival a few years ago (2003). The caraacatures were drawn there.

I really liked the drawing, so for that Christmas I asked my Dad if he could have it matted and framed as my gift. It has been in my living room ever since.

Gina said...

The bolero is so pretty! I love the edging.

Anonymous said...

It looks lovely Marie. You have done a wonderful job. It looks great with the dress.

Anonymous said...

The bolero is so lovely. I like the colors

RPW said...

Beautiful work, and beautiful yarn. Where did you get the pattern?

RPW said...

Ok...I should look at the entry for links (blush)...I love the lace work you added.

RPW said...

What yarn is that?

Marie N. said...

Hi Rebellious,

Of course I tossed the lables as I used up all the yarn. But thanks to the wonders of blogging, I checked out my archive and found it is mostly wool (68%) with some nylon content (32%). It was a Joann's store brand. The wool is the loft of the yarn and it is wrapped around a black and silver (nylon) core. It is easy to knit, feels nice, and I would buy it again.