Friday, January 26, 2007

Tea Party

The Artist was invited to a tea party by a German-speaking family friend. She dressed up and wore a hat for the occasion. She was to bring some German letters she had written and received. I am thrilled she could get this kind of help and attention from someone who can help her with her German skills.

I let her take the camera along. She got some photos of the elegant tea party, but I regret to say The Artist cropped a bit too much of her hostess's head in the photo of her friend! Maybe next week :-)It was a boon to find a letter from our German relatives in the mailbox the morning of the tea party. We learned that a new baby was born into the family there last summer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We had a kettle; we let it leak:
Our not repairing made it worse.
We haven't had any tea for a week...
The bottom is out of the Universe.
~Rudyard Kipling

She looks so pretty for the special occasion!