There were some tense moments, and I wondered if there were mistakes in the pattern. I made some last minute modifications, and added lifelines, and plugged away.
As I was attaching the neckline to the shoulders and back of the sweater, I found I had lots of extra inches to cover. After a while I though my best option would be to make pleated sleeves. Although they are not the most congruous sleeve option to go with the garment, it does not look as awkward as I feared it might. I am thrilled with the color, the length, and the sleeve length. Sleeve length is the thing I wish I could change about the gray alpaca sweater I made in June.I tried it on with and without shoulder pads, and I prefer it with some little shoulder pads in place, so that is what you see above. Thank you, Quipper, for the photo.
I am still not sure there were not mistakes in the pattern. I don't know how it would have turned out if I had followed the extremely vague directions exactly. That may be because I did not know how to follow them exactly.
Now, what will I knit next?


11 comments:
Your new sweater looks great. I like this pattern and the color.
looks nice
Wow! Great sweater - and that seemed to go really quickly!!
Good job!
I'm wondering the same thing . ..
The sweater looks great, Marie!
One of these day, I'd love to learn how to knit.
Wow! It looks fantastic. I like the sleeves.
The sweater does look very nice!
That pattern is fantastic and your execution of it is well done. I'm glad you're happy with it. I can't wait to see it up close and personal!!
Marie,
The sweater looks beautiful. I LOVE the yarn, and the sleeves look very nice with it.
Lovely sweater. I love the colour and the length, very elegant.
It looks great!!
Post a Comment