Monday, January 22, 2007

Snow


I am thankful for the snow for at least two good reasons. Having this blanket of ice on the ground will limit the number of garden slugs I need to come across in the spring and summer. Bring on the cold! I have informed the Quipper that he too should be thankful for the cold, and perhaps even hope for a little more of it. The cold keeps me from asking him to place pie tins full of beer around the yard to attract and drown those slimy slugs. Furthermore, it also prevents me from asking him to dispose of pie tins full of spoiled beer and drowned slugs. That should be enough to make anyone thankful for snow and cold!

The other reason, last summer the Artist realized -- we did not go sledding at all the previous winter. When the snow was around we were not able to go. When the time allowed, the conditions did not permit it. The kids were longing to go sledding with Daddy. That is just fine with me!

Saturday was the big day. We did not mention sledding to the kids until it was time to get into the car for fear of something happening to prevent them from going. On Saturday, their joy was, at last, fulfilled.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have just had our first really cold day this winter...no snow though!

Kirken said...

We have had so much snow I have hedges that are missing there is so much snow. The boys are in seventh heaven with it all.